Blog Archive

Friday, June 3, 2011

Why choose cloth?

Please pardon this post in advance. We are smack dab in the middle of a move and just as the Internet guy came to move my connection down the street a thought occured to me. So I am posting from my phone( all hopped up on allergy pills too)

I Watched a video of a mom illustrating the use of diaper liners when I saw a comment about how much of a hassle it seemed to cloth diaper.

Is it more work than sposies? Yup.
Is it kinda stinky? Oh yes
Is it worth it? Abso-freaking-lutely

Even if you arent doing it to pass down a healthy planet to your descendants, or to save some seriousy moo-lah, there is still a good reason to do it.

The other reason occurred to me while reading the hassle comment and it is:

Saying it is too much work to do cloth is like saying it's too much work to make your kids food from real ingredients. As a society we have become too accustomed to having everything done for us. Someone else will make my food and someone else will deal with all of the trash I throw out. We trust that these companies will choose what is best for us but in reality they are never concerned with what is in our best interest but with their own bottom line. We need to take back responsibility for our own well being by knowing what is in our food and being in control of the chemicals we expose ourselves to.

I know cloth does not work for everyone but I think more often than not we just make excuses for why it won't work. I know I did when I had my first. I'm just glad was able to make the changes I am, knowing I have done my best.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment