Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Diaper Routine

Every mom has a different way of doing things. I love to see how other people do it so I am posting my diaper routine.

First, get yourself a cute baby like mine :)  and put him under your Christmas tree for a little diaper changing distraction. I like changing my kiddos on the floor because then you get to play!
Lucky me! Not that big of a poo this time. Since my little guy is breastfed I don't have to worry about scooping the poop into the potty(can you tell I have a toddler? It is now potty!). When he does start eating solid food in a month or two I will get a sprayer that attaches to the water line on the toilet.
Slap a new diaper on....
I love the APLIX on the Rumparooz because I know my husband can change a diaper too without snapping it up all weird(he gets confused by rompers). I know they don't last as long as snaps but Liam is our last baby so I don't have to worry about longevity.
Toss the wipies away
And throw the diaper into the wet bag. I then just carry the wet bag up with me each night. I have a small stash so far so I wash my diapers every night. Laundry is the one chore I don't mind doing and I am grateful that my laundry room is right next to my bedroom so sorting clothes is not a big hassle for me. Because of this, my washing machine is always empty(unless I threw a few diapers in earlier in the day.
I use Seventh Generation on  my diapers. The majority of my stash is Rumparooz and it is one of the brands they recommend.
I seperate all of the soakers from their diapers and unsnap any doubled up inserts.
Fold over the laundry tabs. My Rumparooz have never come off of the Laundry tabs but the gDiapers have. I don't know why but it drives me crazy!
I cold soak my diapers in a prewash cycle first, according to my manufacturers directions. I then run a hot wash cycle with half of the recommended amount of detergent. So far I haven't had to run a second rinse cycle... Jodi is jealous, I know! I have a dryer bar in my dryer so I pop that out when I dry my diapers. I am ordering wool dryer balls this weekend and cant wait to try them since I wont have to worry about using dryer sheets anymore!
Since I live in a complex with shared back yards, I can't sun dry my diapers but when it gets warmer I will be drying them on a rack in the bathroom in front of a window. 
Once they are dry,I sort them and stuff them. It takes me less than 5 minutes and I am done!
It is so easy I can't believe I didn't do it earlier. I know that I haven't hit the tough stuff like having to strip them or replace an APLIX tab, but I have been impressed with how easy it is to take care of my diapers.
What is your routine?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment