Blog Archive

Monday, December 6, 2010

And along came JEMA...

     My name is JODI and I have most recently worked for Saks Fifth Ave. as a makeup artist for cosmetic lines such as Bobbi Brown, CHANEL, and Kiehls skincare. My journey at Saks lasted an incredible 8 long years, and I pretty much say I was raised in the retail/makeup industry. My hubby who I married in MAY of 2008 is my very own computer genius aka nerd, He has worked at a law firm for 4 years now and has proven to be a great asset when it comes to problem solving with anything in the technology field. (He is pretty incredible)
    We wanted to start our family right away and were super excited to become parents. We were not prepared for the fact that not everyone gets pregnant the first try and this baffled us. We continued to try, and month after month I would be disappointed as that Oh so great reminder would arrive stating NO BABY THIS MONTH : / After a LONG year and a half of trying....we were finally pregnant!!!!  And along came baby JEMA on August 31st 2010. We were so excited but scared to death of the responsibilty of raising this perfect being.
     Challenges : Breastfeeding proved to be a pretty large challenge for me. I had read many books and did my fair share of Google research on the Do's & Don'ts of  BF...boy I was not prepared for the work BF entails. After the first three weeks of working on latch and getting over the initial pain that goes along with BF, I encountered many more obstacles ranging from poor latch to blocked milk glands and resulting in me just wanting to give up. But I didn't, and with the help of weekly and sometimes daily calls to my Lactation consultant and many emails and phone calls to friends, I finally became a master of the art of BF at around 6 weeks!!!! I cannot explain how victorius I felt at this accomplishment and how proud of myself I was for not giving up when I wanted to.
     Now with all that said I KNOW BF is not for everyone and some obstacles just can't be hurdled and that is understandable....Who knows if I will be able to BF my second child down the road, but I feel it's only fair to TRY.
    Thank you to all of those who are showing me support in the journey of motherhood  I am traveling, and for answering my dozens of questions at any given time of the day. I only hope through this blog that I can share and gain more knowledge to help us all along in this adventure called MOTHERHOOD.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment