Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How we monitor our baby!

Thank you for taking our poll this week - I really like hearing/seeing from you all - Ok so our daughter has been in her crib/nursery since about 6-8 weeks old. My husband convinced me that it was time due to none of us sleeping very well including her (Her first 2 months of life she slept in her rock n playFisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper, Yellow or on my chest) So after a lot of thought and having success the first night I decided our baby was ready to be in her own room. We have this wonderful baby monitor by   Sony 900 MHz BabyCall Nursery Monitor with Receivers It is sound activated and worked wonderfully. But as she is getting older and more mobile I find myself dashing into her room at all hours to check on her and lean in closely to listen for her breathing. I never realized that it can get scarier as they get older and I can only imagine what nap time will bring during her toddler years...Yikes!
  This led us on the hunt for a way to watch her during day/night....I am not a fan of the baby market for monitor cams and I think they lack clarity and technology - However that is just my opinion. My hubby being a great research shopping began the hunt and pretty quickly we found the camera we were willing to try Foscam FI8918W Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP Camera with 8 Meter Night Vision and 3.6mm Lens (67° Viewing Angle) - Black NEWEST MODEL (replaces the FI8908W) This little jewel has changed our lives and has given me some pretty incredible nights sleep - we are a family of Apple products and this camera has an app available at Itunes app store for $4.99 which allows you to use your Ipod-Iphone-Ipad regular laptop or PC has a monitor to watch your little one snooze :) If you are using the Apple app you are able to move the camera around 360 up and down and all around and can zoom in and out and also operate the infered feature. That brings me to another point - the night vision is so clear on this camera that I can easily see my girls chest rising up and down in a dark room - It also has a feature where you can set it to record once its motion sensor is triggered which made for some great laughs watching her movements during the first night (She wakes up almost every hour and just wiggles around and goes right back to sleep, who knew?!) It allows you to hear them through your computer only but it is not the best quality - my hubby hooked up a mic so he can check on her and hear her while at work...Why he would want to listen to her cry at naptime I have no clue ;) That brings me to my next point - once you ge tthe camera it shows you how to setup a secure website (Free) where you can type in the web address and then enter a username and password and have access to the camera whereever internet is available - That seems to be handy for home surveillance while on vaca! Or I like to sneak and check on our 2 dogs when we're not home and see what they're up to.
Let me think of some other great features.... Well it's available in Black or White and also has a very sleek look. The infered light does not shine bright at all and does not disturb her sleep - When the camera is remotly moved it makes no sound - I see us using this camera for many years and when she outgrows it I think it will be used as a home security item :)The setup took my hubby a little bit of time and research so I would be lieing if I said the setup was easy - But with the right research and reading the manual it can be done!
 This Wifi/Wireless camera has proven to be a real find and steal at only $86.00!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment